FOR A DYNAMIC FIT
Some people are born with it while others grow into it – an aptitude for computer technology coupled with a knack for solving problems, and a real desire to help others. Computer Support Specialists, also called Technical Support Specialists or Help Desk Technicians, provide technical assistance, support, and advice to computer users in person, on the phone or electronically through remote access. They troubleshoot and resolve software and hardware problems.
Computer Support Specialists can work for large software companies, support service firms or help-desk call centers. An increasing number telecommute from home. In today’s technology-driven world, having direct access to Computer Support Specialists is as critical to the individual home user as it is to organizations in every industry.
WE’LL HELP YOU FIND YOUR WAY.
- Conduct diagnostics; troubleshoot and resolve problems.
- Repair hardware, software, or peripheral equipment.
- Determine software, hardware, automation, workflow needs.
- Install new hardware, cables, operating systems and software.
- Walk users through the problem-solving steps.
- Set-up computers and related devices for employee use.
- Develop training programs and materials.
- Recommend modifications, upgrades, and customization.
PENNSYLVANIA DEPARTMENT OF LABOR & INDUSTRY CENTER FOR WORKFORCE INFORMATION
COMPUTER SUPPORT SPECIALISTS is on the 2018 High Priority Occupation (HPO) List for Philadelphia County. The purpose of the HPO list is to align workforce training and education investments with occupations that are in demand by employers, have higher skill needs and are most likely to provide family sustaining wages.